Friday, January 21, 2011

Chalk board paint

First, what is it? Chalk board paint is a paint that turns any surface into a chalk board.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjFTs6IRjXrzHFu5j_SCxGFoNJ2MP6yDHFPZN5A4xrrbXPWEFUnHB7Ahxffc5S43NGVtqP0QTgDGYzvoLv7YrWvk_FXhj1jH9WgVLGFtfFLwClCf6Ccd9eF26B8is5TzDdLaXKVHKs0zX9i/s1600-h/chalk+board+paint.bmp

Second, it is always black or green? Nope you can have chalkboard tinted to whatever color you prefer. I prefer a light blueish greenish.

Third, does Lowes in NM have it? No! I will try Shermin Williams this weekend. 

Fourth, what am I going to do with it? Well, I am planning to add a nice chalkboard to the wall opposite the bar. Hopefully this will make the transition between the smooth mudding of the kitchen and the rough mudding of the dinning room less obvious.  Basically it will be just to left of the light switches in the photo below. Then when I have guests I can write the menu for dinner on the chalkboard (and pretend I have my own restaurant). Plus I can leave little to do notes and items not to forget on the board as well.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Great idea to disguise the difference in wall texture.

    Have you tried Home Depot. Ours here has it.

    ReplyDelete