Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The birdbrains are getting big but not smart

Here are our chickens now that they are bigger. 


In the top picture they are laying down on the ground at bedtime instead of going in their coop. I know I am no Norm Abram (this old house) but come on the coop is decent. It's got gorgeous legs.


I also just put on another addition to the coop, so when that is painted I will post those pictures. I think my poor carpentry comes from a few places. 1) I am incredibly impatient. ( I looked for right sized scraps of wood so I wouldn't have to get the saw out) 2) The power tools have 18 volt batteries which make them incredibly heavy for my have-not-been-used-for-anything-more-than-tea in a year arms. But all excuses aside it really just comes down to the fact that I am pretty lazy and it if it is a chicken coop I feel that it doesn't have to be perfect.

2 comments:

  1. lazy??you??no.
    chickens??not intelligent??yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly chickens. That coop looks a lot better than I could ever produce. They don't know how lucky they are!

    ReplyDelete